As a TpT seller, you know that your product listings are essential for driving sales. But did you know that your preview is one of the most important parts of your listing? According to YDP, just the presence of a preview increases the likelihood that a product will sell by 13%. And TpT has shared multiple times that 62% of buyers say previews have the most significant impact on their decision to purchase. Plus, having a preview of any kid is one of the many factors included in search rankings. So how can you create a preview that will wow your potential customers?
Previews just happens to be our Ignite theme this month, and in the kickoff call we discussed several tips for creating high-quality previews for TpT resources.
Here are a few of them:
- Start broad and gradually be more specific. Your preview should start with a bold and clear title that tells potential customers what your resource is about. Then, you can include images showing the product in action. This will give them a better idea of what they’re actually getting.
- Include what’s included. Let your potential customers know how many pages your resource is, what kind of handouts are included, and what standards or skills are covered. This will help them decide if your resource is a good fit for their needs.
- Highlight the selling points. What makes your resource unique? Why will potential customers love it? Be sure to highlight these selling points in your preview.
- Explain how it works. Give potential customers a basic overview of the steps involved in using your resource. This will help them visualize how they can use it in their own classroom.
- Include positive reviews. Social proof is a powerful tool, so be sure to include testimonials from other teachers who have used your resource. This will help potential customers feel more confident in their purchase decision.
- Answer frequently asked questions. What are some of the questions that potential customers might have about your resource? Be sure to answer these questions in your preview. This will help them get all the information they need before making a purchase. Pro tip: You can even make up questions that you wish customers had asked.
- Upsell bundles. If you offer bundles of resources, be sure to include a link to those bundles in your preview. This is a great way to increase the average order value of your sales.
By following these tips, you can create a preview that will help you increase your sales on TpT. So what are you waiting for? Get to work on a preview for a new or existing resource!
And remember you can always join us in Ignite, the monthly challenge club for TpT sellers!